Rapport, Inc. not only has the ability to manufacture a custom cable assembly to your specifications, we can also label your custom wire or cable harness in a manner that will meet your needs.
Raw Material Cable Labeling
Working with wire and cable suppliers, we can purchase raw material that is manufactured with permanent text or graphics on the wire or cable that will be used in your custom cable assembly. Our suppliers offer both laser printing and hot stamping services to embed high quality permanent text or graphics. Our military and aerospace customers commonly request this type of cable labeling, but this service is available to satisfy any requested customer requirements. Laser printing can be applied to Teflon and PVC, but not on untreated polyethylene. Hot stamping images can be pressed into wire or tubing material, which provides extra durability of the imprinted image.
Cable Assembly Labeling & Wire Harness Marking
If your cable labeling needs require less permanence or more flexibility of the information attached to your wire or cable assembly, Rapport also offers a variety of in-house cable labeling and wire marking services to satisfy your business requirements. We offer both a variety of label material and a variety of identifying information that can be printed on the cable label.
Cable Label and Wire Marking Types
- Printable thermal transfer polyester or polyimide labels – for use on printed circuit boards or other electronic components that must withstand high heat and harsh chemicals.
- Thermal transfer printable heat shrink wire marker sleeves – for use in wire and cable identification applications that require military grade standards, permanent identification, RoHS compliance, and extreme durability.
- Laser printable self-laminating polyester film labels – for general low-cost labeling. Coated with permanent, UV-resistant, pressure sensitive adhesive, indoor/outdoor use, and occasional exposure to lubricating oil and water.
- Printable thermal transfer self-laminating (THS) wrap around vinyl or polyester film labels – for wire and cable labeling. Also known as wrap-around markers and cable labels, these labels have a white printable area on which to print your data and a clear tail that wraps completely around your wire or cable and overlaps the printed area. This self-laminating feature adds durability and protects your information from smudging.
Cable Label and Wire Marking Information
Rapport can provide identification on your custom cable assembly using of any of the following information:
- Text – We can print an internal product code, date code, or any other text you desire to be printed on a label that is to be affixed to your custom cable assembly or wire harness.
- Barcoding – We can print barcode information in all standard formats (e.g., Code 39 Full ASCII, Code 128, QR Code, MIL-STD Labeling) to your specifications.
- UL and CSA Labeling – If your product is UL certified, we can affix UL and CSA tags to meet your internal and external certification needs.
Call us today to discuss any specialized cable labeling requirements you have.