In October we passed our ISO 9001:2008 Quality management systems re-certification audit with zero non-conformances.
A non-conformance can either be “major” or “minor”. Following are explanations of non-conformance types upon which we were held accountable and in which we successfully demonstrated that we were fully compliant.
- A major non-conformance would be a complete breakdown of a process.
- A minor non-conformance would be a breakdown of a portion of a process.
A Recertification Audit entails an independent evaluator performing the following tasks:
- Inspecting all internally documented processes.
- Interviewing all personnel to ascertain comprehension and to determine compliance with the documented standards.
- Reviewing external communication vehicles including Rapport’s website, weekly blog, and marketing materials.
- Examining Rapport’s custom manufacturing life cycle. (A typical life cycle includes: providing a sales quote to customer, receiving authorization to proceed, acquiring raw materials, manufacturing a first article for customer inspection and sign-off, understanding customer buyer forecasting, applying quality control procedures, system testing, and shipping.)
- Critiquing the overall Quality System and providing recommended “Scopes for Improvement” (areas for the company to consider in expanding its quality system).
Receiving NO non-conformances is a direct result of our dedicated staff.
We look forward to applying this dedication to quality to your next custom manufacturing project.